Internship data-analysis housing market (Python)
SEO Amsterdam Economics independently conducts economic research for both the public and private sectors.
We are currently looking for and hiring:
who will work on a project involving software development, data-analysis and policy research, within the department of Finance, Regulation and Governance. We are currently developing a model of the Dutch housing market, on the basis of detailed microdata, and are looking for a new team member to spearhead this project. During the internship, you will conduct data cleaning and data-analysis in Python. The envisioned end product is a dashboard, through which you visualise the key insights from the data-analysis. Several highly relevant Python libraries you may work with are GeoPandas, SciPy, Dash and Streamlit.
We are looking for someone who fits the following profile:
- You are entrepreneurial, independent and are curious about how important economic markets work.
- You have strong analytic and communication skills. Communication-wise, knowledge of Dutch is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
- You have prior experience in programming with Python. If you have a GitHub page featuring some of your projects, make sure to share it with us!
- You enjoy both front-end and back-end development.
What we can offer you:
- A glimpse into the world of an economic consulting think-tank that specialises in quantitative research.
- Active guidance, to help you develop useful skills and solidify your future job prospects.
- The possibility to apply your knowledge and expertise to societally relevant research topics.
- A flat and informal organisational structure, consisting largely of young, enthusiastic economists. We value knowledge and experience over seniority.
- A working spot in the beautiful center of Amsterdam.
- Flexible working hours: You can largely determine your own work schedule, with options to work from home.
Are you interested in using your skills to answer societally relevant questions? Would you like to engage with policy makers and other (international) clients about economic topics? Keen to join a fun, young and energetic team, where we take personal development seriously?
The cluster Finance, Regulations and Governance consists of a youthful group of economists and econometricians, with a diverse background. We primarily conduct research on topics like:
- The housing market
- Financial markets
- Corporate governance
- Public financing
- Entrepreneurship and productivity
- Regulation and supervision of the financial sector.
Are you interested in this internship? Send us over a motivational letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this vacancy, you can also directly contact Michiel Bijlsma (head of the department) or Adam Kuczynski (researcher).